Updated: Jul 19, 2022
Welcome to your Industry Preparation Masterclass with Raffaella Covino, director and founder of Applause For Thought! Please have a pen and notebook ready for this class.
Time: Approx. 1 hour 30 minutes
• fear of not being good enough.
• fear of falling behind.
• fear of having burnt bridges.
• fear I won't work (or work again).
• fear I won't get my body back.
• fear of singing in front of people again.
• fear of the industry not actually coming back.
• fear of not graduating.
• fear of not getting in the room.
"Our brains are programmed to focus on the future."
Exercise #1: The Very Beginning
Write down why you began performing in the first place. Relive this feeling and the memories that come with it.
Exercise #2: Achievements or Evidence
Write down all the reasons, all the achievements, all the evidence that you have worked, and therefor will work again.
Exercise #3: Lockdown
Write down everything you've done to work on your craft (physically & mentally) during lockdown.
Exercise #4: Mantras
1) I have nothing to lose.
2) I am still here, and I am still showing up.
3) I am not defined by the arts industry.
4) I have survived without this industry before.
5) I want to be a part of this industry, but I don't need to be a part of this industry.
6) We have all been paused. Nothing has stopped because life doesn't stop.
Exercise #5: Future
Make a list of what you can and cannot control. Let us get you started!
• I can control getting the most out of training.
• I can control how often I allow myself to rest.
• I can control registering for self employment.
• I can control filing my tax return.
• I can control who I speak to.
• I can't control when the theatres will open.
• I can't control the government or their support.
• I can't control how many auditions there will be or if I'll be seen (to a degree).
• I can't control the economy.
Exercise #6: To Do List
Make a list of things you would like to do during this time.
Exercise #7: Goals
Make a list of some larger long term goals, and how you can make them happen.
Exercise #8: Reinvention
Who were you before? What worked for you, and what didn't? What served you and what didn't? Who are you now, and would would you like to move in to? Write this down.
1) I am resilient.
2) I have transferable skills.
3) I am multi skilled.
4) I am adaptable.
5) I am worthy.
6) I have the power to control my thoughts.
7) My worries are valid, but they don't deserve 80% of the airtime.
" This industry tricks us in to thinking it must be our whole lives. The second we start believing that, we start losing."
For more information, visit @applauseforthought on your social channels, or email Raffaella at email@example.com.
Thanks for tuning in!
Christie Lee Manning
House Of Jazz Company