Updated: Jul 19, 2022
Welcome to your Business & Marketing Masterclass with your fearless leaders, Christie & James! We answer as many questions as we can. Please have a notebook ready for this class.
Time: Approx 2 hours 20 minutes
1) What is the best way to start creating yourself as a business?
Know your 'why' (look up Kyle Cease online @evolvingoutloud).
There is so much fulfillment in serving others.
The 'how's' will show up if you focus solely and confidently on your 'why'.
Set up your business to work for you instead of you working for your business.
Understand your clients and what they want, but don't build your business from this.
Find something you find fulfillment in regardless of the outcome.
Create a business where you can solve people's problems (do some research on this).
People are always willing to pay for convenience.
Do your market research, but don't be fooled into 'filling a gap in the market'.
Limiting your online and social media exposure will help you find your voice.
You don't have to choose one thing, but you do have to choose one thing to master.
Logos need to look good in black & white and colour (no more than three colours).
Trial a free event with a safe environment and be open to feedback.
People don't invest in things they didn't pay for.
Find your niche and be extreme!
2) What is the best way to create material and content for your business?
12 Themes for Content
1) Educational 7) Inspirational
2) Gratitude 8) Motivational
3) Documentary 9) New Updates
4) Controversial 10) Wins/Successes
5) Ask a Question 11) What You've Learned
6) Social Proof 12) Personal Story
3) Is Instagram really that important?
Know what each media platform is used for.
Know what platform your target audience is on.
Decide how you're going to use these tools instead of these tools using you.
4) How do we value our worth when quoting for services? What things do I need to consider when I'm coming up with a price?
What your experience is.
What everyone else is charging.
What the current economy is.
What are the three things you are always willing to pay for? For example: travel, food, training, experiences, education, convenience, etc. Write yours down so you are aware of what you are always willing to spend money on, because chances are, your potential clients will have similar answers.
Five Mistakes People Make With Their Business:
1) They give too much of their time away for free.
2) They dramatically undercharge for their series, products, and programs.
3) They fail to stand out from their competitors.
4) They sell time instead of solutions and results.
5) They waste time and money building overly complex marketing funnels.
Carrie Green: Female Entrepreneur Association
author of 'She Means Business'
Website I Instagram: @iamcarriegreen
Chris Taylor: Media Agency
Website I Instagram: @christaylor.ig
Ramit Sethi: Financial Leader
author of 'I Will Teach You How To Be Rich'
Website I Instagram: @ramit
Nick James: Expert Empires
Simon Sinek: Public Speaker
author of 'Start With Why'
Marie Forleo: Entrepreneur
creator of MarieTV
Website I Instagram: @marieforleo
Thanks for tuning in!
Christie Lee Manning
House Of Jazz Company